Blink – Graduation Poem
© Stephanie L. Tomberlin
It seems I had a dream last night that I was five years old.
I was taken back to my home town before my house was sold.
As I lay there lost within a dream, sleeping in my bed,
Memories of younger days circled in my head.
I walked along a narrow trail not knowing of its end.
Then suddenly between the trees stood my life long friend.
Still as I was dreaming I watched from day to day.
I never left my best friend’s side or lost a moments play.
I watched as we grew older; how quickly time had passed.
All those years behind us had come and gone so fast.
Then in my dream I saw him there, standing in the crowd.
His graduation day had come; I’d never been so proud.
When he walked into the gym that day all dressed in cap and gown;
I watched and faked a smile while my world turned upside-down.
I realized then this was no dream and I couldn’t help but think,
of all those years that passed us by when all I did was blink.
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Value - June 15, 2017
- Are You Concerned As A Parent? - June 13, 2017
- You Are Valuable - June 13, 2017
- Voice Of Validation - June 8, 2017
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER
- Negative Opinions
- New School Week
- Be Kind