Blink – Graduation Poem
© Stephanie L. Tomberlin
It seems I had a dream last night that I was five years old.
I was taken back to my home town before my house was sold.
As I lay there lost within a dream, sleeping in my bed,
Memories of younger days circled in my head.
I walked along a narrow trail not knowing of its end.
Then suddenly between the trees stood my life long friend.
Still as I was dreaming I watched from day to day.
I never left my best friend’s side or lost a moments play.
I watched as we grew older; how quickly time had passed.
All those years behind us had come and gone so fast.
Then in my dream I saw him there, standing in the crowd.
His graduation day had come; I’d never been so proud.
When he walked into the gym that day all dressed in cap and gown;
I watched and faked a smile while my world turned upside-down.
I realized then this was no dream and I couldn’t help but think,
of all those years that passed us by when all I did was blink.
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?