British Red Cross and Art Against Knives Launch #ARTSFORFIRSTAID Campaign
The British Red Cross have teamed up with ART AGAINST KNIVES to create a series of animated films to share life-saving first aid skills for use when faced with a knife attack.
Last year 3,849 people attended A&E following an assault with a sharp object and these short films tell just three of these real-life stories in the young Londoners’ own words.
Art Against Knives was created following the unprovoked stabbing of art student Oliver Hemsley, a 21-year-old art student. The organisation now works with at-risk young people living in areas of London affected by knife crime.
The films forms part of an on-going campaign by the British Red Cross to make first aid relevant to young people and communicate directly with them using social media. The Red Cross recently launched the ‘Witness’ app which integrates information from Facebook into an online film.
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Value - June 15, 2017
- Starting in October
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER