Construction Managers co-ordinate the planning, supervision and direct operation on a construction project from inception to completion. They aim to meet the client’s requirement and to make sure that the project is completed safely, on time and within budget.
- They work approximately 40 hours
- Most time is usually spent between the project sites and meeting clients and contractors.
- A creative and problem solver
- Ability to organise and plan
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
A Typical Day:
- Preparing the site by employing competent staff
- Monitoring progress and costs of projects
- Discussing plans with Architects and Surveyors
- Updating regularly to the client
- Relevant foundation degree, BTEC HNC/HND or degree
- For University courses, entry requirements vary per University, It is advised to contact University or College of your choice
- Alternatively you can be Construction Manager through experience in the Building Industry.
Source: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and http://careerplanning.about.com