Electrical Engineers design, develop, test and supervise the manufacture of electrical control systems, machinery and equipments. They also deal with problems associated with power transmission and electrical machines.
- Electrical Engineers work in a variety of roles in diverse areas of projects ranging from transport networks to manufacturing, constructions and building services.
- Ability to understand technical language
- Strong numerical skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong written communication skills
A Typical Day:
- Testing installations and systems
- Making sure projects meet safety regulations
- Estimating cost and time lines required for certain projects.
- A lot of time is spent on tasks like discussing proposals with clients.
- Foundation degree
- BTEC HNC/HND or a degree in an Electrical Engineering related subject