An Electrician installs and maintains wiring, fuses and other electrical components in buildings. These types of works can be needed for homes businesses or factory premises.
- Electricians work on a wide range of projects ranging from Maintenance to Construction.
- Their working hours can vary depending on the projects.
- Due to their specific training and skills, Electricians get a better paid than the general labourer.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Be an organised person
- Understand Safety rules and regulations
- Good with practical work
- A people’s person
A Typical Day:
- Installing, Inspecting and testing equipments
- Repairing and maintaining electrical equipments
- You could start out as an apprenticeship straight from School or College and get the required training.
- National Vocational Qualification level 2 & 3
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma from City and Guilds
Source: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and http://careerplanning.about.com