A Film producer overseas the business and financial side involved in making a production. This production could be in films, television or theatre.
- Film producers are very instrumental in obtaining funding for a film.
- For film promotions, there is a lot of travel involved, so staying away from home for long periods is normal.
- Good communication skills
- Good people skills
- Business minded
- Leadership and management ability
- Good knowledge of the production process
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Film producer might include
- Conduct meetings to discuss the production progress
- Reading scripts
- Pitching for their programs to be commissioned by TV broadcasters
- Promoting new productions
- There is no specific requirement, but employers prefer you to have a degree along with some experience
- Some producers started as writers or actors
- A degree in business management can be very handy and puts you in a visible position.
- Building practical experience, some film producers started as runners and built up from there to become film producers. It is possible.
- Hard work, Patience and Determination will take you further.