Fitness Trainer / Personal Training Coach
Fitness Instructors help people improve their general fitness including their health or train for special events through individual sessions or group classes
Fitness instructors could also specialise in areas such as physiotherapy, nutrition or massage. They are required to know about anatomy & physiology, health and fitness, first aid, fitness assessment techniques, how to use gym equipments, basic nutrition principles amongst others
- Good communication and people skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Self motivated and ability to lead and motivate others
- Energetic, fit, healthy and strong
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Fitness Instructor might include
- Design fitness classes or individual fitness sessions
- Discuss lifestyle and fitness goals with fitness centre members
- Showing clients how to uses exercise machines and free weights properly
- Reception and clerical duties.
Complete a nationally recognised qualification before starting work or Start as an assistant instructor and complete work based training qualifications.