A Pharmacist forms the link between pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical doctors and patients. They provide expert advice on the use and supply of drugs and medicine. They are also responsible for controlling, dispensing and distributing medicine.
Pharmacists work varies depending on their field of employment. Some of the various fields include:
- Community Pharmacies
- Wholesale Pharmacies and the Manufacturing industry
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Enjoy working with people
- Being responsible and accurate
- Good maths skills with ability to calculate and use scientific formulae
- An interest in the health and wellbeing of people
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Pharmacist might include
A 4 year masters of pharmacy (mpharm) degree.
To do a degree, you are required a minimum of 5 GCSEs (A-C) in Maths and English plus 3 A levels usually in chemistry and 2 other science based subjects like biology, maths or physics.
A 1yr pre-registration training course in a pharmacy
A registration exam