A Project Manager overseas all kinds of projects ranging from business projects, management projects, construction projects , engineering projects to Information technology projects.
They have the responsibility of planning, executing and closing on any of these projects.
- The Project Manager seldom participates directly in the activities that produce the end result, but rather uses his/her management skills to ensure that the right team with the right skills are put together for the project.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
A Typical Day:
- Developing a project plan
- Managing the project stakeholders
- Managing the project team
- Managing the project budget
- Undergraduate degree either in project management or relevant subjects in their industry, (Business and Management, IT or Construction Management)
- Alternatively people have become Project Managers based on experience.
Source: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and http://careerplanning.about.com