At just 21 years old, Chibundu Onuzo has been voted UK’s no 1 best black student for 2012.
This award was given to her by Rare Rising stars. She is the first woman to top this list. Born in 1991, youngest of 4 children, she grew up in Lagos and remembers as a child sometimes wishing her dad was richer. She later attended St Swithuns, a school in Winchester. She then studied at Kings College, London where at 19years of age, she got her first book deal with Faber & Faber.
She signed a 2 novel deal with the famous publishers and was also profiled by CNN when Nigeria marked her 50th anniversary.
Her latest book is ‘The Spider King’s daughter’ (which is featured in our book review page).
Ten2Teens magazine is very proud of you. Well done Girl!
Chibundu’s story goes to show us that we do not have to come from the wealthiest families or only be born in certain to countries to pursue our dreams. “Every great accomplishment begins as a dream in someone’s heart.”
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Value - June 15, 2017
- Starting in October
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER