Fighting for Education! 9-Year-Old Speaks Against Chicago School Closing
Last week the Chicago Board of Education voted to close 50 public schools. Since this announcement the city has been filled with protestors fighting for your education.
In the midst of the chaos, a young voice is capturing America’s heart. Nine-year-old Asean Johnson gave a captivating speech urging the school board to invest in education and the future of the youth rather than cutting back.
“You should be investing in these schools, not closing them. You should be supporting these schools, not closing them,” Asean said amidst roaring applause. “We shall not be moved today. We’re going to city hall … We are not going down without a fight,” says Asean.
Listen to the powerful voice of a child fighting for education and our futures in the video below.
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Value - June 15, 2017
- Are You Concerned As A Parent? - June 13, 2017
- You Are Valuable - June 13, 2017
- Voice Of Validation - June 8, 2017
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER
- Negative Opinions
- New School Week
- Be Kind