Fighting for Education! 9-Year-Old Speaks Against Chicago School Closing
Last week the Chicago Board of Education voted to close 50 public schools. Since this announcement the city has been filled with protestors fighting for your education.
In the midst of the chaos, a young voice is capturing America’s heart. Nine-year-old Asean Johnson gave a captivating speech urging the school board to invest in education and the future of the youth rather than cutting back.
“You should be investing in these schools, not closing them. You should be supporting these schools, not closing them,” Asean said amidst roaring applause. “We shall not be moved today. We’re going to city hall … We are not going down without a fight,” says Asean.
Listen to the powerful voice of a child fighting for education and our futures in the video below.
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?