Lashai and Tray Sean Ben Salmi
Award-winning Lashai Ben Salmi (12yrs) teamed up with her junior brother Tray-Sean Ben Salmi (7yrs) to co-author Kidz That Dream Big!
The aim of this marvellous book is to inspire youths to exchange adversity for empowerment. From reading this book, you can tell that Lashai has gained so much wisdom and has been able to turn an experience of bullying which caused her to miss over a year in education to a very plausible cause. Today Lashai is the proud winner of three awards since July 2011: Live United Award, Young Citizens Award and Black Young Achievers award. In addition to co-authoring this book, Lashai has co- created an iphone app called ‘Red Card it’ an app to offer advice to bully victims and a place where they feel less isolated by their situations.
Lashai is a beautiful girl and has a big heart and dream which we at Ten2Teens Magazine think is fantastic. I got the chance recently to meet her brother Ben, her Mum, Sabrina (who runs a brilliant enterprise for lone parents called H.E.L.P) and Lashai, herself by chance on the train and was so proud.
Watch the space all! We will be arranging an interview with this young and talented role model who will be featured in our website soon.
- Your Family - September 25, 2017
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Family
- Starting in October
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better