Olympics and Paralympics Victory Parade
The public celebration of the achievements of British Olympians and Paralympians at the London 2012 games will take place on September 10th 2012, the day after the Paralympics ends.
Up to 800 athletes will travel on 21 floats in a victory parade said to commence from Mansion House in the city at 1.30pm travelling along Queen Victoria Street and Cannon Street, passing St Paul’s Cathedral, continuing along Fleet Street, past Aldwych and into The Strand, before reaching Trafalgar Square.
A big screen at the base of Nelson’s Column, with live commentary, will allow spectators to cheer on the athletes as the parade makes its way past Trafalgar Square, a GLA spokesman said.
From Trafalgar Square the athletes will go through Admiralty Arch into The Mall, travelling down to the Queen Victoria Memorial.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “In the ancient world crowds would line the streets to welcome their triumphant Olympians home, where they would be ecstatically venerated and their victories chronicled for the ages, with names like Leonidas of Rhodes and Milo of Kroton reverberating through history. But no sporting heroes will have been more lauded, no achievements more celebrated, and no nation more passionately proud than at the Our Greatest Team Parade, which will sweep through central London in a glorious miasma of colour, noise and excitement.
This is a chance to celebrate the heroes and heroines who have thrilled us with their skills, sportsmanship, and grace during London’s spectacular Olympic and Paralympic Games, and whose names and triumphs will live on for centuries to come.”
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?