Oprah Winfrey to Receive America’s Highest Civilian Award
OPRAH Winfrey has been nominated for the ‘Presidential Medal of Freedom’ America’s highest civilian award.
This award was set up 50 years ago by former president John F Kennedy, the award has to date been given to more than 500 people, who have made “especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavours.”
President Barack Obama at a ceremony held at the White House before the end of the year, will present the award to Oprah alongside former president Bill Clinton, activist Gloria Steinem, former senator Richard Lugar and the Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee who broke the Watergate scandal.
Congratulations Oprah. Well deserved.
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?