Oprah Winfrey to Receive America’s Highest Civilian Award
OPRAH Winfrey has been nominated for the ‘Presidential Medal of Freedom’ America’s highest civilian award.
This award was set up 50 years ago by former president John F Kennedy, the award has to date been given to more than 500 people, who have made “especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavours.”
President Barack Obama at a ceremony held at the White House before the end of the year, will present the award to Oprah alongside former president Bill Clinton, activist Gloria Steinem, former senator Richard Lugar and the Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee who broke the Watergate scandal.
Congratulations Oprah. Well deserved.
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Value - June 15, 2017
- Starting in October
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER