Stigma from the Past – Reviewed by Kate Iffy Chukwu
Stigma from the Past tells the story of Mercy, a kind and caring nun, who decides to leave the convent and start a different life in her hometown. She soon realises that she has to with pain, harassment, loneliness, blackmail, gender prejudice, fear and the stigma from her past. However, Mercy is determined and hardworking and seeks to deal with what life has thrown at her.
This is a beautiful story set between two African countries: Ghana and Nigeria. The characters are very believable and this can be seen in their actions and the way they speak.
The plot is gripping, filled with twists, suspense and mystery.
The picture on the front cover is captivating. The chapters are short and encouraging.
The author, Anuli Asubeth-Ajagu does a brilliant job in building up suspense in most scenes and adding inspirational messages here and there. Yet I wanted to read more about Mercy’s life as a university student. I also wished the author didn’t give much away in the blurb of the novel. The suspense would have been even greater. All in all, it is a great novel …but you would have to read the novel to find out for yourself
Reviewed by Kate Iffy Chukwu
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?