Stigma from the Past – Reviewed by Kate Iffy Chukwu
Stigma from the Past tells the story of Mercy, a kind and caring nun, who decides to leave the convent and start a different life in her hometown. She soon realises that she has to with pain, harassment, loneliness, blackmail, gender prejudice, fear and the stigma from her past. However, Mercy is determined and hardworking and seeks to deal with what life has thrown at her.
This is a beautiful story set between two African countries: Ghana and Nigeria. The characters are very believable and this can be seen in their actions and the way they speak.
The plot is gripping, filled with twists, suspense and mystery.
The picture on the front cover is captivating. The chapters are short and encouraging.
The author, Anuli Asubeth-Ajagu does a brilliant job in building up suspense in most scenes and adding inspirational messages here and there. Yet I wanted to read more about Mercy’s life as a university student. I also wished the author didn’t give much away in the blurb of the novel. The suspense would have been even greater. All in all, it is a great novel …but you would have to read the novel to find out for yourself
Reviewed by Kate Iffy Chukwu
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER - July 4, 2017
- Negative Opinions - July 4, 2017
- New School Week - June 27, 2017
- Be Kind - June 27, 2017
- Your Value - June 15, 2017
- Are You Concerned As A Parent? - June 13, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year
- Choices Still Matters
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better
- UNDERSTANDING your Boys BETTER
- Negative Opinions