Stigma from the Past – Reviewed by Kate Iffy Chukwu
Stigma from the Past tells the story of Mercy, a kind and caring nun, who decides to leave the convent and start a different life in her hometown. She soon realises that she has to with pain, harassment, loneliness, blackmail, gender prejudice, fear and the stigma from her past. However, Mercy is determined and hardworking and seeks to deal with what life has thrown at her.
This is a beautiful story set between two African countries: Ghana and Nigeria. The characters are very believable and this can be seen in their actions and the way they speak.
The plot is gripping, filled with twists, suspense and mystery.
The picture on the front cover is captivating. The chapters are short and encouraging.
The author, Anuli Asubeth-Ajagu does a brilliant job in building up suspense in most scenes and adding inspirational messages here and there. Yet I wanted to read more about Mercy’s life as a university student. I also wished the author didn’t give much away in the blurb of the novel. The suspense would have been even greater. All in all, it is a great novel …but you would have to read the novel to find out for yourself
Reviewed by Kate Iffy Chukwu
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Reminding and Reassuring - October 12, 2017
- Life and Communication Coaching - October 10, 2017
- Teens/Tweens Online Coaching - October 6, 2017
- Your Family - September 25, 2017
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy
- Bridging the Gap Video Series
- Reminding and Reassuring
- Life and Communication Coaching
- Teens/Tweens Online Coaching