Teen Caters For Jamaica’s Homeless
Written by: Jodi-Ann Gilpin, The Jamaica Gleaner
18-year-old Krystal Reynolds says passion for helping others keeps her going
HOMELESS PEOPLE in and around Jamaica’s capital of Kingston were given a special Christmas treat on Tuesday (Dec 18) courtesy of 18-year-old Krystal Reynolds.
Reynolds, who runs a three-year-old catering scheme, fed visitors, who had piled into Kingston’s Salvation Army headquarters, a selection of curried chicken, pasta, rice and peas, steamed vegetables and juice.
According to Reynolds, who claims to have faced many challenges herself, the passion for helping others has kept her going.
“People often say that they want to give at least once in their lifetime, but I just want to keep on giving and it really warms my heart to see at least a smile on their faces,” she said.
“There are always different challenges, but they help you to grow as a person. One has to always find ways to do their best.”
She encouraged everyone to offer assistance to those who are less fortunate during the Yuletide season.
“We are so blessed and we take so many things for granted and often don’t realise that there are a lot of persons who are not as fortunate,” she said.
Source: The voice online UK
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Reminding and Reassuring - October 12, 2017
- Life and Communication Coaching - October 10, 2017
- Teens/Tweens Online Coaching - October 6, 2017
- Your Family - September 25, 2017
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- Life Skill Courses
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy
- Bridging the Gap Video Series
- Reminding and Reassuring
- Life and Communication Coaching