Teenage Girl Killed In Police Pursuit Crash
The teenager was travelling with her mother, father and brother in Ilderton Road, between New Cross and South Bermondsey, on Sunday when their Volkswagen Polo and a Peugeot 308 that was being chased by a marked police car collided.
The girl, who was in the rear of the car, died at the scene from her injuries, Scotland Yard said.
Her parents and brother were taken to hospital and their injuries were not thought to be serious.
The male driver of the Peugeot was arrested and taken into custody. A female passenger was taken to hospital suffering from minor injuries.
The incident happened just before 6.30pm and police, ambulance and fire crews attended.
The Metropolitan Police said the pursuing police car had its blue lights and sirens on when the collision happened.
Commander Tony Eastaugh said: “An innocent family are now dealing with the tragic loss of a loved one.
“The Metropolitan Police has now begun a thorough investigation into the circumstances of this terrible incident. The thoughts of our staff and officers are with the family at this time.”
Traffic police and officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards are now investigating, the force said.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has also been informed and an investigator was at the scene assessing the circumstances of the collision.
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Reminding and Reassuring - October 12, 2017
- Life and Communication Coaching - October 10, 2017
- Teens/Tweens Online Coaching - October 6, 2017
- Your Family - September 25, 2017
- Starting in October - September 22, 2017
- Keeping a Healthy Balance in Life - September 19, 2017
- 5 Days – Setting the Scene Up for a Successful Academic Year - August 11, 2017
- Choices Still Matters - July 13, 2017
- Understanding Your Tween and Teen Boys Better - July 5, 2017
- Reminding and Reassuring
- Life and Communication Coaching
- Teens/Tweens Online Coaching
- Your Family
- Starting in October