Ten2Teens Magazine interview with Tunde Banjoko OBE
Phinnah Ikeji from TEN2TEENS Magazine Interviews Tunde Banjoko OBE, Founder of LEAP Organisation.
Our chosen role model for this issue is Tunde Banjoko OBE, founder of LEAP, an organisation that prepares and supports young ones into employment.
We were very honoured recently to sit down and have a chat with him.
Tunde Banjoko OBE started his organisation from simple beginnings in a room, with 3 desks and no computers. The initiative at the time was to help local people in the area to find employment but this initiative grew and its aim became more for the benefit of the public in London and elsewhere in the United Kingdom.
Successful programmes that LEAP has organised includes
STRIVE- a program aimed to tackle attitudinal and cultural barriers into sustainable employment.
Numeracy and IT training in the evenings
Programmes that teach young people skills they need to be successful in a work environment.
To date, LEAP has provided services to almost 20,000 people and placed 5000 people into employment and continues to work hard to help young ones.
Tunde was awarded and OBE in the 2008 Queens birthday honours list in recognition for his contribution to helping young people. He is very appreciative of his hardworking team who help in tremendous ways to the success of LEAP.
I was personally motivated and inspired after the interview and at Ten2Teens Magazine, we appreciate and are very proud of great individuals like Tunde who is doing his very best to help young ones. Now that is what we call a positive role model.
For more information about LEAP, visit – www.leap.org.uk
Watch and enjoy the video clips below.
Interview with Tunde Banjoko OBE Part 1:
Interview with Tunde Banjoko OBE Part 2:
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?