A Graphic designer uses visual elements to communicate messages. These messages can either come through print or digital media. They work for advertising, publishing and design firms, designing magazines, newspapers, websites or promotional displays.
- Very intense competition in the graphic designing world
- IT and drawing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical problem solving skills
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Graphic designer might include
- Meeting with clients to learn about their message they want their audience to know.
- Liaising with copywriters on text that accompanies a design.
- Preparing rough sketches or layouts by hand or on the computer to show clients.
- Providing cost for the project
- Degree in graphic design or any art/design based subject or BTEC HND.
- Talent and personal contact are also very important for getting work.
- Have a portfolio of your work to show potential employers.