Mechanical Engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of Heat and mechanical power for the design, production and operation of machines and tool.
Equipments commonly made by mechanical Engineers include manufacturing plants, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircrafts amongst many others.
- Mechanical Engineering is the second most popular branch of Engineering. Its popularity is just behind the Civil Engineering.
- Their working environment can range from quiet, modern, open plan offices to factory production areas.
- They can be found in different industries like Manufacturing, Construction, Power, Medicine, Health and Sports
- Good at solving problems
- Good at communications and giving presentations.
- Ability of make decisions
- Ability to practice independently of supervision
A Typical Day:
- Engineers in this field use their expertise in science and maths to do their jobs
- Making decision
- Developing designs
- Analyse the impact of the products they develop or the system they design
- A foundation course
- BTEC HNC/HND or a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering subject.