A musician is anyone either professional or not who has the skill to make music. Although not compulsory, a musician normally plays an instrument. A musician can perform the music, compose/conduct or write the music.
- A musician’s income is not fixed. It will vary according to what they are doing. Are they playing lots of gigs, or are recording in their studios?
- There will be a lot of travel to promote music out there.
- Creative Individual and good music ability
- Ability to accept criticism and rejection
- Motivation and Determination to never give up
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Musician might include
- Composing songs
- Recording sessions
- Arranging gigs and tours
- Promoting your music in interviews on radios and TV shows
- Practising and rehearsing
- There are no essential requirements, but a good music ability and attitude as a singer can take you there.
- Some musicians go on to college or university to study popular music or music technology. BTEC national certificates/ diplomas.
- Practical experience by performing at gigs
Source: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and http://careerplanning.about.com