A Software developer is a computer professional who is involved in all the stages of creating (design and code) and developing software that makes devices like computer, mobile phones, video games, apps and MP3 functional and useful.
There are 2 types of software developers.
- System Software developers: they develop the operating system that our computers use.
- Application Software developers: they design software programs like word processors, games and spreadsheets amongst others.
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Software developer might include
- Determining users need and then designing software that will meet them.
- Providing instruction and technical support to software users
- Developing and testing the software they have designed.
- A degree, a foundation degree or BTEC HNC in an IT related subject such as Information technology, software development and Business Information system.
Source: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and http://careerplanning.about.com