Travel Agents make travel arrangement for customers/clients based on their request. They book business and leisure travel for customers and give them advice.
The travel industry has become very highly specialised with the use of computers playing a key role in the collection of data, planning, booking and issuing itineries.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written
- Good telephone manners
- Ability to sale
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Travel Agent might include
- Giving customers information concerning transportation, passports visas and hotel reservations.
- Check availability of chosen holiday
- Making bookings using a computer system
There is no specific qualification but a mixture of enthusiasm and the right personality is attractive to the potential employer.
Ability to speak other languages is always a plus
Courses such as level 2 and 3 diplomas in Travel and Tourism can also be helpful
Source: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and http://www.prospects.ac.uk