At just 21 years old, Chibundu Onuzo has been voted UK’s no 1 best black student for 2012.
This award was given to her by Rare Rising stars. She is the first woman to top this list. Born in 1991, youngest of 4 children, she grew up in Lagos and remembers as a child sometimes wishing her dad was richer. She later attended St Swithuns, a school in Winchester. She then studied at Kings College, London where at 19years of age, she got her first book deal with Faber & Faber.
She signed a 2 novel deal with the famous publishers and was also profiled by CNN when Nigeria marked her 50th anniversary.
Her latest book is ‘The Spider King’s daughter’ (which is featured in our book review page).
Ten2Teens magazine is very proud of you. Well done Girl!
Chibundu’s story goes to show us that we do not have to come from the wealthiest families or only be born in certain to countries to pursue our dreams. “Every great accomplishment begins as a dream in someone’s heart.”
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?