Daddy’s Little Girl
Do you know what it’s like to grow up without a father? Perhaps you would understand this little girl’s words.
Daddy’s Little Girl
© Emma R. Sims
By Emma Sims
I wish, I wish I was daddy’s little girl,
I would have a dance with him into his arms I’d twirl.
I would have someone to hold me close when I get too scared,
Instead I have to dream about it with my best friend Brittany Baird.
It’s so hard to talk about it,
Why can’t it just be true?
Why did you have to leave me?
Please come back, can’t I talk to you?
But none of this will happen,
As I sit here and I cry.
No daddy to share my feelings with,
Why me god, why?
I’m so glad that mama’s here,
As she tickles me to the ground.
But now she’s all I’ve got,
Since you’re never around.
My mother’s always there for me,
And helps me when I need it.
You weren’t there when I needed you most,
Not even a little bit.
I think of all my other friends,
Who have their dads by their sides.
It makes me so mad,
That I just want to run and hide.
Why, why did you have to leave me?
I think as I sit in my bed.
All of these terrible thoughts of you
Are tearing through my head.
Sometimes it gets too painful,
As if I’m going to die.
Instead I sit perched on my bed,
Trying not to cry.
I’m trying to forget it now,
I’m trying really hard.
But in my mind I can’t forget,
My heart is far too scarred.
God why do you hate me?
Did I do something wrong?
Why must you keep this pain in me,
For so very long?
It’s not really how it sounds.
It’s like I’m a lonely dog
Being taken to the pound.
Couldn’t you just suck it up
And try to work it through?
I just want too hear those words from you
That say “I love you”.
But none of that is really true,
I hate the way I think of you.
A terrible coldhearted man,
I wish that you could understand.
As I write this poem
I can’t help it I just tear.
I wonder what it would be like
If you would just be here.
Couldn’t you try and love me?
Let’s give it a whirl.
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could be
Daddy’s little girl?
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win - September 20, 2018
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child? - May 24, 2018
- Believe - May 24, 2018
- Motivate 2 Revise Series - March 14, 2018
- Parenting Teens Hub - January 23, 2018
- PERFECT Parents? - January 18, 2018
- Life Skill Courses - November 27, 2017
- Daily Affirmations – Paperback Copy - November 13, 2017
- Bridging the Gap Video Series - November 3, 2017
- Influence - October 16, 2017
- Back2School Webinar – Set Yourself up to Win
- What is the greatest thing you can do for your child?
- Motivate 2 Revise Series
- Parenting Teens Hub
- PERFECT Parents?